ST. LOUIS, Aug. 23, 2012 — The National Association of Electrical Distributors (NAED) today opened registration for its 2012 Eastern Region Conference, taking place November 12-15 at The Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, Fla.
Eastern Region Vice President August Sodora Jr., president of Swift Electrical Supply Co., will lead this year’s event under the theme “Empower Change.”
Fox News commentator Kirsten Powers will keynote the event’s general session, offering a post-election view from Washington. She will share her insights on what the outcome of the 2012 election will have on health care reform, the economy and job market, foreign affairs and immigration, and other key issues.
New this year, NAED will kick the conference off with a full day of education, giving attendees flexibility to participate in all the industry-focused learning this event offers before launching into two days of B2B booth sessions, peer-networking groups and other relationship-building opportunities.
NAED’s scheduled sessions will include:
- “Getting it Done: Achieving Great Results in a Complex Life,” by Bill Sanford, leadership coach, Bell Leadership Institute
- “The New Health Care Reality: Some Answers & More Questions,” by Ed Orlet, vice president of government affairs, NAED
- “Hiring & Retaining the People Who Keep You in Business,” by Janine Smith, president, JS Performance Strategies
- “10 Motor Control Applications & Why Your Customers Will Love Them,” by Frank Hurtte, founding partner, River Heights Consulting
- “The Fitness 5 Factor: Learning to be FIT in the 5 Core Areas of LIFE,” by Terry Hawkins, author, entrepreneur and founder of People in Progress Global
- “10 Apps to Transform Your Business,” by Jeff Greene, principal, Technology Curve
- “Managing a Transitioning Workforce: How to Work with People Much Older or Younger than You,” by Kenja Purkey, marketing director, The People’s Federal Credit Union
- “How to Select & Buy LED Products,” by John L. Fetters, owner, Effective Lighting Solutions
The Eastern Region Conference will also feature a closing session led by Cleveland Research Company analysts Courtney Killion and Mark Herber, who will present an in-depth look at Amazon Supply and current market conditions with actual survey results from the electrical distribution industry.
Visit www.naed.org/easternregionconference to register. The early bird registration deadline is October 3. For more information, contact the NAED Conference Department at (888) 791-2512.
NAED is the trade association for the $70+ billion electrical distribution industry. Through networking, education, research, and benchmarking, NAED helps electrical distributors increase profitability and improve the channel. NAED’s membership operates in approximately 4,400 locations internationally.